Welcome To Creston, Ohio
Isaac Wells plotted the first map of Creston in 1870 and the area was officially named Creston in 1880. The Village of Creston was incorporated in the June 2, 1899 election with Warden Wheeler as Creston’s first Mayor.
Creston was a bustling village due to the fact that it laid along the Trolley Line from Cleveland to Wooster and was home to an Erie Railroad Train Station.
Main Street business district was home to Ober Harness, Schlegel Meats, Cover Grocery, Goodwin Piano, Ritzi Jeweler, Schlegel & Sigler Barbers and Matteson Drug, just to name a few.
With three railroads, The Wheeling & Lake Erie, B & O and N Y P & O Erie Conrail, running through Creston up until the death of the Erie-Conrail in 1980, there has never been a need for traffic control even though Creston is located on State Route 3.
Today the Village of Creston, population 2171 as of 2010 U S Census, has that hometown feel and is filled with great people and assets such as a wonderful Park with walking trails, Library, Fire Department, Police Department, Salvation Army, many churches and a nice business district consisting of several insurance companies, a bank, restaurants, several hair salons, car repair shops, body shop, gas stations, quick marts, flooring store, funeral home, livestock sale barn, butcher, dairy supply, Moose, towing service, heating & a/c service, realtor, post office, party center,thrift shop, car wash,childcare center and cleaning restoration company.
Creston also enjoys the benefits of several surrounding cities including Wooster, Medina, Akron and Cleveland.
As we appreciate living in an area of gently rolling farmland in Wayne and Medina County, we thank the residents and business men and women for making Creston a great place to live, raise our families and retire.